Skip to main content

After 10 years, the Night Train to Nashville keeps rollin'


Ten years ago, soul singer and longtime Nashville banker Frank Howard found himself at the Country Music Hall of Fame in some stellar company. "I was over there for a special dinner, and I was sitting with Bobby Hebb and Eddy Arnold," Howard says. In between discussions of Hebb's 1966 Top 10 R&B and pop hit "Sunny," which Country Music Hall of Famer Arnold covered in 1968, Howard had the chance to express his appreciation to one of his earliest musical heroes.

"I could not believe that I was sitting there," Howard says. "I said, 'Mr. Arnold, I used to listen to you all the time. I grew up on country music. I'd come out of the field with my grandfather at noon every day, and we'd go home and listen to you on the Purina Chow radio show while we ate.' "

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/after-10-years-the-night-train-to-nashville-keeps-rollin/Content?oid=4251963

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RINGTONE ! The Sunny Bobby Hebb RINGTONE IS HERE!

Pleas e always visit our m ain pages http://bobbyhebb.com  http://sunnythesong.com    "SUNNY"  RINGTONE    HEAR BOBBY HEBB'S VOICE ON YOUR TELEPHONE! Update November 1, 2012  Please c lick here:  http://bobbyhebb.blogspot.com/2012/11/sunny-ring-tones-now-available-for.html You can now purchase "Sunny" the ringtone from your mobile carrier (T-Mobile, etc) or, if you have an IPhone via ITunes.   "Sunny", the gorgeous melody from Bobby Hebb, is now available as a ringtone. There is no online site that carries the ringtones.  This is only available from your carrier. "Sunny" - as performed by the author - Bobby Hebb - is now available for your phone! BOBBY HEBB ON ITUNES!   http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/bobby-hebb/id1152030

Sunny Song of the Day In Digo - Monday 6-25-12

Three to Four piece Skiffle-ish version of "SUNNY" Very original - guitar, accordion, horn and a little percussion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-O9VOhTeic&feature=related Uploaded by TheBluePostman on Oct 3, 2011 Cover Version von Sunny live gespielt von IN DIGO auf der alten Mainbrücke in Würzburg. Sunny Song of the Day for June 25, 2012, Monday...enjoy A review of Les McCann's 9 minute live concert version is in the works...stay tuned

Bobby Hebb/Yardbirds Tour November 1966 49 years ago - 14th Day, 16th Show KIEL AUDITORIUM

Bobby Hebb on tour with Jimmy Page, and four gigs with Page and Jeff Beck  - the Dick Clark Caravan of Stars _________________________________________ FROM A LED ZEPPELIN FORUM http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/501-the-1967-dick-clark-caravan-of-stars-tour/ I have an original program from that tour too; it cost me a lot more than 99 cents! The Caravan of Stars Tour was actually late 1966. Jeff Beck flaked out and left the tour after the fourth gig (Oct 30, 1966 in Corpus Christie, TX). The Yardbirds went on to cancel three appearances on this tour, two for illness (Nov 24-25) and the date in Little Rock (Nov 4) for an undetermined reason. October 28 1966 Fri Amarillo, TX USA Tri-State Fairgrounds Coliseum  _______________________ October 29 1966 Sat   Dallas, TX USA   Memorial Auditorium ____________________________________________   October 30 1966 Sun Harlingen, TX USA Civic Auditorium   October 30 1966 Sun Corpus C...