Saturday, August 02, 2014

After 10 years, the Night Train to Nashville keeps rollin'


Ten years ago, soul singer and longtime Nashville banker Frank Howard found himself at the Country Music Hall of Fame in some stellar company. "I was over there for a special dinner, and I was sitting with Bobby Hebb and Eddy Arnold," Howard says. In between discussions of Hebb's 1966 Top 10 R&B and pop hit "Sunny," which Country Music Hall of Famer Arnold covered in 1968, Howard had the chance to express his appreciation to one of his earliest musical heroes.

"I could not believe that I was sitting there," Howard says. "I said, 'Mr. Arnold, I used to listen to you all the time. I grew up on country music. I'd come out of the field with my grandfather at noon every day, and we'd go home and listen to you on the Purina Chow radio show while we ate.' "

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/after-10-years-the-night-train-to-nashville-keeps-rollin/Content?oid=4251963

No comments: