Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bobby Hebb and Ringo - plus the Bobby Hebb Impersonator




1960's article
GO MAGAZINE
Page 5 
Bobby hot on trail 


Bobby Hebb is still searching ... for the pseudo performer who is traveling the country, using his name. "This cat has cost me at least $6000 during the last few weeks," Bobby told GO. 

"That's the money I've lost in cancelled bookings because I've had to keep on the go looking for him. "He has done shows in my name in California, Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana. And every one of his shows had damaged my reputation. 

"When I go on stage, the people in the audience expect me to play guitar, spoons and trum-pet as well as sing. They know that I put everything I have into my act. "But when the fake 'Mr. Hebb' does a show he sings a couple of songs and doesn't even sound like me. "He's been playing dates at $300 a night which is a lot less than I can command, and word has been getting round many promoters that 'Bobby Hebb' isn't all that great onstage. "That's why I'm determined to catch and stop this fellow. "All Mercury Records distributors and promotion men in America have been alerted to this, but he still manages -to get 
Bobby Hebb with Ringo Starr during the last Beatles tour.  away with it. 

"As soon as I hear he's been in a town, I fly there as quickly as I can. I talk with the show's promoter and the manager of the motel where he stayed. "They try to help as much as they can, but no one has been able to give me a definite lead. "I know he's driving a car, and if I could get the license plate number I'd catch him." 

____________________________________________________________________

BOBBY HEBB will appear on the same bill with The Beatles Thursday at Suffolk Downs at 8 p.m. in the famed British sing-ing group's only New England appearance this year. The show is being presented by Frank Connelly of the Carousel Theater, Framingham. 




BOBBY HEBB will appear on the same bill with The Beatles Thursday at Suffolk Downs at 8 p.m. in the famed British sing-ing group's only New England appearance this year. The show is being presented by Frank Connelly of the Carousel Theater, Framingham. 

I'll - perhaps - crop this photo later



REMEMBER TO JOIN US ON TWITTER! 

Sunny The Song on Twitter
http://twitter.com/sunnythesong 


Bobby Hebb's Twitter 
SoulHeritage1 
https://twitter.com/soulheritage1

No comments: